Friday, September 12, 2008

This Wondrous Meeting, Mark Wesling, 3/2/04

This Wondrous Meeting

Simple gestures, we do wait
Our lives foretold and we wait
Our safest direction we debate
Get there early, don't be late

In each person's life, a moment comes
A guiding hand, some know from
Till the afterglow and we are done
And water flows and we are one

The paper curls and pencil moves quietly
I am thankful for this sobriety
Another time, my will would have fought me
The images not always so sightly

With miracles around every corner
I wish I could have really known her
Her graceful walk with garden flowers
Her beautiful voice, Rose, I call her

Well as the morning dances, I sew words again
They have always been a constant friend
I don't fear the night, for if it ends
And I don't ask why, how or when

In simple past and apples eaten
Life didn't escape me or leave me beaten
In the blink of an eye, I see the seating
The crowns of glory, this wondrous meeting

© Mark Wesling, 3/2/04

No comments: